Pages

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Go To Church Or the Devil Will Get You

Driving home from Disney World yesterday, we saw an eye-catching billboard just north of Montgomery, Alabama. I googled it and found this photo, along with interesting news stories that have covered this billboard. It apparently has displayed the devil in his red suit for years. I decided this billboard would make the perfect segue into a series on hell that I've been meaning to do for some time. In fact, I already have a half finished post that will appear here when I finish it. I was inspired by a sermon series on hell our minister just completed and by two books on hell I've been reading as of late. In fact, I was reading one of them as we drove by the admonishing billboard. Well, it's far too late and I need some sleep before church in the morning, so I'll draw this to a close. Don't want the devil to get me!

8 comments:

  1. Well I will certainly be looking forward to your series on Hell. The old Devil is still a very powerful symbol even in our modern age.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back to blogging! :-)

    I'll be looking forward to your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like the devil cartoon on the cans of potted meat. Anyway, I am looking forward to reading your thoughts on Hell.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! There are actually a few folks who read this post. This blog has accumulated alot of dust due to my neglect. I'm glad you've stuck around Doug, Wise Fool, and HeIsSailing. Life has a way of preventing blogging, but I hope to get back at it with some new inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hee, hee... You can't get rid of us THAT easily!!! ;-)Looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! She's back! Looking forward to reading your series on Hell. Hope the neglect is due to the fact that you've been having so much fun and success in the real world! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh! I'm jealous. Never captured that one for my American Billboard series! Can't wait to read your post on hell. I think I have a billboard from this years trip that's on hell. I shall look it up and post it too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. IsToo,
    Definitely don't want to get rid of you! In fact, I'd love an email update from you soon. I'll have to return the favor.

    D'Ma,
    Well, Disney was definitely fun. My practice has kept me incredibly busy, so that's a good thing. I'll be happy to get through my taxes for this year, as it's my first time doing accounting for my business and figuring the numbers out. At least I have a CPA helping me, but I still need numbers to give him. (Hopefully accurate ones.)

    Zoe,
    I look forward to the billboard from hell. I mean, on hell.

    ReplyDelete